What are collections? The DRIVER Information Space gathers documents from different scientific subjects and from distinct geographical areas. DRIVER collections offer a way to organize such heterogeneous Space into a hierarchy of sets whose documents share similar features and properties.
They are mostly dynamic, i.e., the number of documents changes as documents enter or leave the Information Space, but may also include individual documents - basket items or "bookmarks" to specific documents.
Who can create collections? Collections can be created by the DRIVER administrators or by registered end-users. They can be public, viewed by all DRIVER users - anonymous or registered ones, or private, viewed by their owners.
How can collections be used? End-users may use collections to:
- query limited information space to improve the precision of the search results,
- organize their private Information Space,
- as reading lists to share references to documents with other users through the communities,
- implicitely improve alerts and recommendations (e.g., change the ranking of results based on collections, get notified when changes occur within a collection, recommend collections to users within the same community).
How to create collections? There are two ways to add content to your collections:
- Do a search and use the "Save as a collection" funcionality found on the search results
- Add items to your Dropbox and then click on the "Add to a collection"
We kindly urge you to provide us with some feedback on what types of collections may be useful to your group or work (please send us your request at email@example.com).